While the IT Pro and Developer preview of Office 2016 has been private for several months, it’s now expanding to commercial Office 365 customers.
Keep in mind that this early model doesn’t feature all of the developments that the final product will, but over the course of the preview customers can expect to see new features rolling out monthly. So what does your business have to look forward to?
Improved Data Loss Protection
DLP has been added to Exchange, Outlook, OneDrive for Business and SharePoint – now it’s coming to Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well! IT admins will be able to create, manage and enforce policies for content authoring and document sharing. End users will also see policy tips or sharing restrictions when the app detects any policy violations.
A New Look for Outlook
- A number of readability issues in Outlook have been addressed and fixed – Office is introducing a new dark theme for users with visual impairments.
- Foreground networks calls have been eliminated to ensure that Outlook stays responsive on unreliable networks.
- Multi-Factor authentication is a huge development – it will help keep your files and information safer than ever.
- Email delivery performance has been improved, including a reduction in the amount of time it takes to download messages, display message lists and show new emails after returning from hibernation.
- Settings have been improved to reduce your storage footprint – you can choose how long you’d like emails to be stored on a device.
- The reliability and usability of Outlook search has improved, plus there’s the integration of the FAST-based search engine in Exchange.
More Exciting Features
- Enhanced distribution management improves integration with System Center Configuration Manager to allow IT admins to easily download and distribute monthly Office updates.
- Office has brand new ways for admins to manage the pace at which they receive feature updates and bug fixes while continuing to receive regular security updates.
To get even more info about the new Office 2016 Preview get in touch with C.D.'s IT Consulting LLC at email@example.com or by phone at (317) 522-1362 ext 2.